Engineering & Construction with Infraserv Knapsack
A process engineering plant is a highly complex construct. Countless components and sub-processes have to intertwine perfectly so that in the final analysis it is not only products but also good business results that are produced.
Infraserv Knapsack works with you to develop, plan and construct the solutions that your company needs to operate successfully: from process development to the basic and detailed engineering of individual components to the construction of turnkey solutions.
The starting point for any plant planning procedure is your own product idea.
It does not matter to us whether the realisation of that idea will require a new plant or if it can be achieved using existing machinery, and whether your idea is fully developed or not. We orient our work around you and your idea.
We learn all about you and your idea from the start
In order to precisely determine your specific requirements, we start out by conducting a workshop with you. The agenda of this workshop focuses on process know-how, plant details and framework conditions, such as timing requirements etc. What matters to us as much as all the technical factors is that we get to know you and you get to know us.
Achievability, advantages, disadvantages – all summarised in black and white
Once we know what the requirements are, we link up the basic operations in flow diagrams which match the framework of objectives, but which reflect alternative methods of achieving the overall goal, and we put numbers to the incoming and outgoing quantities in the process. If necessary, we may suggest suitable experiments or measurements to establish data relating to the materials, help with the acquisition of the data, as well as evaluating the data in a scale-up of the required plant dimensions.
You decide where to go from there
The results we provide take the form of an achievability study including all variations of the process with their advantages and disadvantages. At this point, you are in full possession of the facts and can decide where to go from there.
- Steady state and dynamic process simulation with Aspen Plus (Dynamics)
- Batch distillation with Aspen Batch Modeler
- Heat exchanger design with Aspen Shell&Tube
- Batch processes with Aspen Batch Process Developer
- Flare systems with Aspen Flare System Analyzer
- Heat integration with Aspen Energy Analyzer
- Programming of customised models with Aspen Custom Modeler
- Mathematical optimisation with Aspen Plus Optimizer
- Steady state and dynamic
- Batch distillation
- ChemCad & VBA-based short cut program for the dimensioning of dividing-wall columns
- Calculation of column hydraulics
- Mathematical optimisation
- Matlab and Simulink
- Evaluation of operating and process data
- Safety relief valve design according to AD-A2
- Regulator valve design
- Pressure loss drop calculations
- Hydraulic calculation of pipe networks
- VBA-based tools
- Cost estimate database
- Pump design
- Tank design and stirred tank design, including heating and cooling processes
- Special pressure loss drop calculations (e.g. suspensions)
- Safety relief valve design for 2 phases according to ISO 4126-10